12.01.2010

turkey and top chef

I'm kind of embarrassed to report that I took the Thanksgiving holiday off from baking. That's right readers, I allowed my mother to bake her frozen Sara Lee pies instead of whipping one up from scratch for my family to enjoy. But hey, once they have the real thing do you think they'll ever settle for less again? No. So really, I am saving everyone a lot of taste bud therapy here. Don't worry, Mom - everyone loves Sara Lee (especially when she gets dropped on the floor right before we leave).

The only chef-related activity I engaged in during Thanksgiving break was watching the entire season of Top Chef: Just Desserts. And it was FABULOUS. I personally cannot ever imagine memorizing tons of recipes and working under that kind of pressure, but it sure is fun to be sucked into the television drama of pastry for several hours. And now I am refreshed and ready to get back into the kitchen this weekend. Bring on the bread!

3 comments:

  1. Excuse me! I did not drop a Sara Lee pumpkin pie on the floor. It was the Edward's key lime pie that hit the floor - THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!
    Love,
    Mom XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mistake, Mother. xoxo

    Yes, the pie was delicious so we ate it despite the drop!

    ReplyDelete