4.18.2011

hostess with the mostess

I morphed into a hostess with the mostess this past weekend when Greg and I had a few handfuls of friends over on Saturday night. I made two batches of paradise cookies and there were only five of said cookies left on Sunday. These cookies are light and fluffy and the pineapple involved kept them moist all party long. They were also a nice balance to the decadent mocha chocolate cake that my BFF Kristy brought with her from Fort Wayne. I asked her to bring something chocolate and she just about Betty Crockered her way into a bake off with me. Perhaps my cookies were almost gone because every time someone tasted and complimented her cake I made them eat a cookie as well...Hey, pastry chefs in the making need validation, people.

Here I am loading up a plate with cookies before the soiree.


And practicing my hostess with the mostess skills.


Kristy showed up with the mocha cake of decadence and began serving out slices later in the evening. I told her if the cake was good that I was going to take credit for baking it, but in the end, I gave credit where credit was due. See for yourself.


Decadence up close.


One of our friends managed to get cake on the front of his shirt and his sleeve while devouring a piece of cake. I promptly told him to wipe it off with a paradise cookie and make sure to eat that as well.

Since Greg was the host with the most for the evening, he also helped whip up something special. "Gin and titonic" ice cubes. Check out the vengeance of this iceberg (on the right) floating next to a few titanic-wannabes. Guaranteed to make any drink more fun - even the gag-worthy whiskey pictured here.


In the end, the party was a success and everyone had a great time. And don't worry; Kristy and I are still BFF's. Did I mention the cake was a box mix? ;)


3 comments:

  1. Jaime...your cookies look LOTS better than Kristy's cake (sorry, Kristy, but Jaime is, after all, my niece..lol)!! I can't wait to see your new place. From what little you can see of the pictures of your party, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had a preview of this blog when I checked out the pictures on Facebook . . .looks like everyone had fun, fun, fun! If you and the Gregster like pineapple, you should check out my pineapple cake with cream cheese frosting (and not made from a box). Peeps request I bring it to gatherings all the time. BTW . . I think Greg should make his gin and titonic ice cubes for the wedding . . . . . . xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jaime - you are a brat!! LOL And, even though the cake was Betty Crocker, the filling and icing were all K-Holla... :)

    ReplyDelete