1.22.2012

stick to your buns


Say hello to a perfectly lazy Sunday morning treat. These sticky buns are easy to make and drool worthy delicious. Greg and I enjoyed a batch of them over the holidays in Raleigh, and luckily my Mom-in-Law passed along the recipe before we left. 


This is what brown sugar and cinnamon rolled up in a sheet of puff pastry coated with melted butter looks like. Add these to a muffin tin filled with more butter and brown sugar, plus a handful of nuts, and the drooling begins.


Bake them, flip them over and let your taste buds enjoy. For those of you with a guilty scale conscience, remember this happiness tip: stick to your buns.



I'm sticking to my ice cream making buns, I mean guns, as well. Last week I made Mint Cookies and Cream ice cream, with some help from my favorite sous chef. These cookies were no match against Greg and a meat tenderizer.



Our reward for hard work turned out to be some of the best ice cream we've ever tasted. Said ice cream is modeled here in one of our new beautiful tea cups from Grandmother.


Can you see the cookies in there? If not, put on your glasses. Or check this next shot out.



It's the best way for a cookie to crumble.


And now, to the moment you've all been waiting for... Did my plate au pastillage avec cocoa painting turn into a masterpiece of art? Well, that might be overstating it a bit. But in staying with the theme of this post, I will say that I am proud of the work I put into this project and the end result. Orange frame and all.



And this little chef bird is familiar to me for some reason...




I bet he's much tastier in chocolate than permanent marker though. Isn't everything better with chocolate?

3 comments:

  1. I think I'm going to request that when I come down for an ice cream tasting, that you make the mint cookies and cream flavor. :) Yum! The sticky buns look divine too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have one word for you, Jaime...YUM!!! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! Yummy! Unfortunately, when I eat this stuff IT STICKS
    TO MY BUNS!! :>0 . . . . Love ya, Jaimer! (Greg too)

    ReplyDelete