3.14.2012

el azucar...hazlo

My work of sugar art is complete. And no (additional) body parts were injured in it's completion! I actually had a ton of fun creating different designs, sugar cages and flowers this week and managed to glue the whole thing together without drizzling hot sugar anywhere it shouldn't be drizzled. Here is what I have entitled "el azucar...hazlo."


As the proud designer, I paparazzi-ed the heck out of it. Here are the close-ups, views from above and behind, etc.
 








Honestly, I took so many pictures in class because I was fairly certain "el azucar" was not going to make it home in one piece. And I was right. The pieces in the last photo plunged to their sugary death before I left the kitchen. Luckily, I had already received my grade and praise from Chef P.

I am finished with another term of pastry school and will begin my last - that's right, LAST - term in the kitchen this weekend. It's terrifying yet exhilarating at the same time. After this term, it's internship time! But let's not get ahead of ourselves. The first four weeks of my final kitchen class are all about architecture and design skills. We'll be creating a gingerbread house and a wedding cake. I'm obviously more excited about the gingerbread house...

p.s.  In case you're dying to know, my work of sugar art is entitled "sugar...do it" in English. Hazlo is a Spanish command that I was taught a few terms ago so I can yell at cooks in the kitchen. Or in my case, for myself when I was burned with sugar and hesitant about working with it again. It was definitely worth the end results.

5 comments:

  1. Very nice, Jaime. I can't believe you are almost ready for your internship. Times flies when you're having fun! Love you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What an awesome job!! I can't believe you are almost done!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you ever watched the Food Network show "Sweet Genius"? They do weird stuff on it . . . are you a Sweet Genius? I'd say if you aren't now, you soon will be! Good work, Jaimer!

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I love that delicate yellow flower.
    -Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ladies! And no, I haven't seen Sweet Genius yet, but I would definitely like to be one! :)

    ReplyDelete