4.24.2012

when cinnamon met raisin


Say hello to my pretty loaf of cinnamon raisin bread. This loaf is one of several loaves that I personally made at the bakery last week and was so proud to bring home and paparazzi for you. It's nice eye candy, yes? Just wait until you see what's waiting inside.



It's impossible to eat just one slice, so I cut three to save some time. Don't you wish it was scratch and sniff?


This cinnamon raisin bread is great as is, but in case you're wondering what it might look like as French toast on lazy Sunday morning...



Syrup is optional. Scrabble is not. It's a Sunday tradition at our house.

Last Saturday's class was insanely busy, but I was really happy with how our cakes turned out. We baked two large sheet pan cakes, whipped up three different fillings to spread on them and rolled together a batch of puff pastry dough to slice up and bake off this coming weekend. The downside to this story is that all of said items are in the freezer until this weekend when we'll finish them up for presentation. Aka, I don't have much in the way of pictures. But I did snap one of our work chilling in the freezer before the door shut.


I promise there will be many pictures of my finished petit fours next week. Sorry to hold you in suspense. I recommend getting to know cinnamon and raisin in the meantime.

3 comments:

  1. Also worth mentioning is the second batch of pretzels in a week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jaime...cinnamon and raisins are THE best combo!! Your bread looks wonderful and, yes, scratch and sniff would be nice!! Can't you make that happen???? Keep up the good work! Love you!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only have one thing to say . . . .YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete