5.08.2012

breakfast sugar

While I can happily eat bread anytime of the day, our bread specialties in class last Saturday focused on the breakfast variety. The sweet and sugary breakfast variety. We used our Danish dough from last week to make various types of Danishes, including the snail variety that I made awhile back. Let me refresh your memory.


We also mixed together a batch of brioche and sweet dough. These led to a variety of traditional brioche rolls and fancy items, along with some good ol' boy favorites. Like sticky buns for instance.


And cinnamon rolls.


The whole pan of cinnamon rolls above were enjoyed for breakfast on Sunday morning (along with a few of the sticky buns). Sorry Mom, but these babies beat out the Pillsbury cinnamon rolls in the can that I grew up eating my whole life. In a time-crunch-cinnamon-roll-craving situation though, I would gladly go back to my childhood rolls in a can. (Let's just keep that our happy little secret.)

Also, I can't believe I forgot to share my favorite picture from last week. I think these are still the tastiest items I've made all term. These palmiers will definitely be made again soon in my home kitchen.


This week though, I am putting together some very special desserts for some very special people. Greg's parents are coming into town this weekend to visit us and celebrate Greg's graduation and Mother's Day, and my parents are visiting on Sunday as well. It's my duty (and pleasure) to make sure that everyone has a dessert to swoon over. Mission accepted. Photos of accomplishments forthcoming.

2 comments:

  1. Uncle Jim just had the cinnamon rolls in a can yesterday!! I'm sure he would agree with your opinion, Jaimer...he loves sticky buns, too. Have a great time on Mother's Day--we'll miss you all! Love ya! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. As the recipient of one of your cakes (even if was in your fridge for a while), I know the parents will get something delicious! Breakfast rolls have always been some of my favorites, and yours look exceptionally yummy!! Have a great weekend with your parents! Love you!! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete