10.08.2010

a welcome and a warning

Welcome to a taste of happiness...

This blog is your backstage access pass to my personal journey through pastry school at The Chef's Academy. In exactly one week from today, I will be back in the classroom opening my mind to the wonderful world of baking. As someone who never wanted to go back to school after receiving a bachelor's degree, this fact is slightly terrifying, but it also brings a nervous excitement to my life. So why, you might ask, did I decide to turn my perfectly fine world upside down and sign away my life (and weekends) to school for the next two years? Well, because baking makes me happy. There's much more to it than that, of course, but for now you only get a taste.

a warning (or blogging disclaimer)...

This is my first attempt at blogging and to be honest I am a little "blog-shy" about the whole thing. I would ask that you please be patient with me as I learn not only the techniques of becoming an excellent pastry chef, but also the techniques of becoming an engaging blogger. Somehow I have a feeling the kitchen disasters and photos alone will be enough to keep you hooked. And the semi-hilarious baking puns that I will make sure are in every post. I'm not above it, people. There are a million ways to whisk excitement into this blog.

For a taste of my first attempt in the world of pies, you must check out my next post. Baker's note: this pie will be made pre-school, which is appropriate because it will most likely look like a preschooler made it. But it's the taste that counts, right?

2 comments:

  1. "whisk excitement"! That's a knee slapping great pun! Great first blog...you're a natural! Can't wait to read (and drool) over your posts during the next two years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Crista! You are a natural!! I can't wait to see what you "beat" up next! ;)

    ReplyDelete