9.14.2012

would you like bread with that?

If your answer is anything but yes then we may not be friends anymore. Because my answer to that question is always "YES." Which is why I take home leftover bread from the bakery whenever I have the chance. The majority of our bread is meant to be eaten on the same day it's baked and it doesn't keep for too long (I usually have to throw it away when Greg's not looking because he'll happily eat it stale). Greg and I have added bread to our meals in many delicious ways this summer. We just can't say no.

Here are a few slices of City loaf hanging out with a dish of lemon and creme fraiche pasta.


A hot grilled piece of Francese laying seductively next to grilled corn and a pork chop.


Grilled slices of sourdough Pullman complimenting pork loin, potatoes and fresh green beans with tomatoes. (The sourdough Pullman bread was actually a mistake, but it turned out to be the best kind of mistake - a blessing in disguise).




And last but not least - the Brioche burger buns. Sure, we've brought these home a few times to make burgers with and they've been totally delicious. But here's a new twist for you: Brioche french toast.





Yes, I realize these are burger buns. But nobody is thinking of burgers when these buns are covered in powdered sugar and syrup. Trust me.





All photos are provided free of carbs. And a reminder: your answer to the post title question should always be yes. If the bread smells good, eat it.

3 comments:

  1. I bought some gluten free bread the other day . . $6.25 for a small loaf!! And, after having toast, I think that might be one bread you would say NO to!! Have you made any gluten free bread??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha No, I haven't yet...but people who eat a gluten free diet are exempt from my "must say yes to bread" rule. Perhaps I will try to make a gluten free loaf someday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, if anyone can make gluten free bread taste good, it will be YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete