10.11.2012

sweet somethings

This blog cannot whisper sweet nothings in your ear, but it can flash sweet somethings before your eyes. Here's a taste of my summer sweets.


A first anniversary celebration



This will never get old.


Summer blackberry clafoutis 


Cinnamon and sugar palmiers


Sea salt caramel brownies


Smores bars


The measuring cup on vacation


Hot mess cake balls with WAY too much sugar involved


Key lime pie for Grandma Fry's 80 big ones





Caramel cheesecake bars


Banana cream pie for Uncle Jim's undisclosed big ones


When chocolate met pistachios...


They made dark chocolate and pistachio cookies topped with sea salt. YUM.


Pistachios are highly underrated in cookies. They're my new favorite baking nut.


Apple pie a la mode
 

Herb, garlic, and parmesan focaccia



 Apple walnut bread
 

 
And last, but not least, a few culinary moments.
 
Rosemary porterhouse steak grilled by Greg (being sniffed by my Dad)
 
 
Most of which was quickly devoured with bread from the bakery (being sniffed by Greg)

  
And finally, with extra tomatoes from the garden, I ventured into ketchup making.
 



Curry ketchup to be exact. The results were quite pleasing (and spicy).
 
This concludes my American flip book. Stay tuned for a European flip book containing all of the calories I plan on consuming in the next two weeks. All of the bread in Paris shall be mine! Okay, maybe not all of it. But as much as I can eat while still buttoning my pants.
 
Oh, I forgot my favorite photo...Greg's early birthday treat. A personal banana cream pie.


2 comments:

  1. OH my gosh! I don't know how you are still so skinny mini after making all of those desserts! They all look so delicious! I think I gained a few pounds just looking at the photos.... oh wait... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Avoir un temps merveilleux à Paris!

    ReplyDelete