12.21.2011

the twelve days of Christmas: day eight

On the eighth day of Christmas, my baker gave to me...


Mexican wedding rings. (Or whatever you call them - this is the name I learned for them growing up.) 

Flour, butter, sugar and pecans have never tasted so good. The extra coating of sugar on the outside makes this statement a fact.


As you may have guessed, my cookies are a bit on the large size...




So it's a good thing we're eating these rings and not wearing them on our fingers.


2 comments:

  1. Yep! Grandma made these every Christmas! Remember . . she also made rectangular and square ones! She even put green leaves with a little red flower on each one . . and I bet YOUR frosting would really be good! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, they make me think of her! And I liked that she put frosting on them...I may have to do that next year!

    ReplyDelete