12.14.2011

the twelve days of Christmas: day one

There seems to be a debate over when the official "Twelve Days of Christmas" start and end; however, it makes me most happy to start them today, with the final and twelfth day ending on Christmas. Henceforth, I will be providing you with a baker's gift each day for the next twelve days as a Merry Christmas gift. And mostly just to update you on what I've been up to over the last month. Some might call it a Christmas miracle!

On the first day of Christmas, my baker gave to me....

Soft rolls with poppy seeds on a pear tree.


Errr, no pear tree. Just yeast. And yes, the rolls actually puffed up fairly well in our cold house.

 


And they tasted as good as they look.


I'd send you one if I could. But Greg ate them all.

2 comments:

  1. I can personally verify that last statement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. E-Gads! Couldn't ya just save me one?!?!?! Err..r.r.r.r. but I probably would have eaten the all too!!

    ReplyDelete