12.18.2011

the twelve days of Christmas: day five

FIVE GOLDEN RINGS!!!
 
Sorry, not from this Christmas countdown. Although belting out this day's tune was always my favorite (in a deep, boisterous voice of course.)

On the fifth day of Christmas, my baker gave to me...


Five peppermint baked meringues.

That's right, more peppermint spritz. Tis the season after all. This was my first time baking meringue and I may have over-pepperminted the things a bit, but they are the perfect after dinner mint.

Here's what they looked like before two hours in the oven.


 
p.s. I stole the present under the plate of meringues from under our tree, and it has my name on it... Any guesses on what it could be??




4 comments:

  1. YUMMY!! And, are there more plates in that gift box?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think it is your ice cream maker . . . lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look delicious (and gluten-free)!!! I want these in our next pic-a-nic basket, Booboo! Is there a cookie cutter bigger than a bear in that box?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will bring them for you, BooBoo! And we can wash them down with a dirty bacon martini! :)

    ReplyDelete