12.24.2011

the twelve days of Christmas: day eleven

On the eleventh day of Christmas, my baker gave to me...


The best frosted sugar cookies ever made. (According to my parents - who have to say that.)

The cookies above are a tribute to Greg and I's first Christmas together as a married couple. We celebrated by eating them immediately. Then there are the traditional bell, star and tree shaped varieties. Here they are sans frosting.


We made a few fun additional shapes as well. Bears, for instance:


And Emma, of course:



And now for a picture that needs no words. My mother inhaling cookies as soon as we walked in the door yesterday. What else would you expect?


Merry Christmas Eve to all, and to all a good cookie.  

2 comments:

  1. Did not get one frosted sugar cookie this year!!
    And Jean has the nerve to eat one in front of me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, I love the initial cookies! And the Emma cookie is adorable even though it looks like her nose is attached to her neck. :)
    -Andrea

    ReplyDelete